- $74,324 to $78,808 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation
- Full time, ongoing opportunity
- Sydney, NSW
This position is responsible for providing 1st level IT support to the Federal Court of Australia, Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia and National Native Title Tribunal’s (NNTT) judiciary and staff. The IT Service Desk is the initial point of call for users of IT services provided by the Information Technology section.
Primary responsibility is being the initial point of contact with clients of the Service Desk within a small team, which is part of a larger team delivering support to clients. The majority of work will entail answering of calls to the IT Service Desk and monitoring email and IT Service Portal queries. These interactions are to be logged in the IT Service Management tool (Ivanti Service Manager) where possible queries are to be resolved and where not possible escalated to other support teams.
Clients of the IT Service Desk include Judges, Registrars, Members and Registry staff along with external clients who utilise the Court’s eApplications.
Duties and Responsibilities
Delivery of quality ICT support services to clients:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot
- Understand IT policies and procedures
- Provide support via phone, remotely and in-person
- Recording of all incidents\service requests\problems in IT Service Management Tool
- Management of individual work queue, as well as assist in team queue management
- Creation of knowledge base articles for use by Judge’s & Court staff and within IT
- Technical skills to support clients working in a Microsoft environment on Windows 10 using MS Office 2016 suite.
- User Administration: creation, deletion and modification of individual user accounts, email mailboxes utilising O365 administration
- Deployment of Hardware, SOE and approved software
- Ability to work effectively within a geographically dispersed Service Desk within Australia
- Contribute and working with other IT teams to achieve and ICT delivery goals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with each registry, with particular focus to your location
- Ongoing Training/Education and induction of clients and colleagues
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Service Desk\Help Desk or ICT Support role. Demonstrating the ability to provide support remotely via telephone/email/instant messaging and physically onsite. Experience within a legal environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability working with IT best practice based on ITIL, including the use of an ITIL compliant ITSM tool, Ivanti Service Manager is desirable. An understanding of IT security fundamentals and ensuring processes and policies are adhered to.
- Proven high level analytical and problem-solving skills, including resolving issues with users working remotely out of the office. The capability to define issues, determine workarounds and the best course of action to address the issue.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as a member of a geographically dispersed team. This includes the ability to perform well under pressure, manage competing priorities, meeting deadlines and contributing to team goals and resources (e.g. documentation creation).
- Knowledge and ability to support the following technologies:
- Microsoft Environment (Windows 10, Office 2016, Active Directory)
- O365 Administration
- Networking troubleshooting (DNS, proxy)
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Always On VPN
- Citrix end-user and server support
- Video conferencing facilities (Cisco CUCM & TMS)
- Hardware deployment and maintenance (laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphone)
- Printer maintenance
- Dictation Devices & Applications (Olympus and Dragon Naturally Speaking)
For more information, please contact Manny Parekh, IT Service Desk Manager, by email: [email protected] or phone: 03 8638 6633.