-Are you an experienced planner with the ability to identify potential problems and plan repairs to minimise business impacts. If so, then we want to hear from you!
Steelmaking coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground steelmaking coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
-Join us as a Planning Coordinator in our Coal Handling Preparation Plant at an exciting time as we run a positive and safety focused team at our Capcoal Surface Operation in Middlemount QLD. Take the next step in your career and secure a long-term permanent opportunity with a global mining giant.
The ideal candidate for this role will be trade or engineering qualified with extensive experience in maintenance, work planning and an ability to lead and develop people and systems. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for planning and scheduling maintenance activities relating to Coal Handling and Process Plant (CHPP) assets.
With extensive interactions across various departments, you will require solid written and verbal communication skills, enjoy solving problems and be an effective team player.In this role you will ensure compliance with all Anglo American safety and operating systems and a commitment to working together as part of a capable, friendly, and professional team to achieve business objectives.
You will also enjoy the challenge of maintaining a CHPP, implementing preventative maintenance and managing small projects. Your ability to focus and improve on long-term solutions, ongoing innovation, maintenance costs, workplace efficiency and your commitment to Zero Harm will be crucial to your success in the role.
This is your opportunity to join a team of passionate and supportive industry leading experts contributing to a positive culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead the planning team to achieve a high level of planning and scheduling compliance relevant to CHPP.
- Liaise closely with Production personnel and nurture a team ownership approach to Maintenance.
- Ensure that inspections and testing are carried out in accordance with the Mines Safety and Health Management System, statutory requirements and internal standards.
- Planning, scheduling, and contract liaison of maintenance works and shutdowns.
- Resourcing equipment and people for shut down maintenance.
- Liaising with operational coordinators to finalise priorities for maintenance and minor project work to merge it with production schedules.
- Supervising contract labour, apprentices, and other labour as necessary to complete maintenance work.
-Key factors to your success include:
- Relevant Trade or Engineering or other qualification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with maintenance management systems (SAP)
- Working knowledge of heavy industry and mining equipment
- Experience in large open cut mining operation, specifically within the maintenance of CHPP
- Coal Crushing, conveying, and CHPP
- Knowledge and experience in SAP master data
- Long term planning experience is desirable
- Additional Information
-Full-time, permanent role
- Monday-Friday based at our Capcoal Surface Operation in Middlemount QLD.
- Residential and DIDO commuting. Subsidised accommodation is on offer with this role (residentially) and/or camp accommodation.
- Competitive Base Salary + 12% Superannuation
What we Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity, and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Anglo American, we embrace change and promote an inclusive and diverse environment where you can bring your whole self to work, every day. We are adopting new approaches to recruitment, talent development, mentoring, parental leave, and flexible working to further support diversity across our business.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Do you know someone who would fit this role? Employee referrals will be accepted for this job. Refer to your local Referral Guidelines for policy conditions and amounts.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
12th August 2022
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American Steelmaking Coal does not accept unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.