Job descriptionTell me more...The purpose of the position is to provide a comprehensive range of health care support, through Primary Health Care facilities to Aboriginal and Torres Strait communities for the maintenance and promotion of individual, family and community wellbeing.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and ability to liaise and communicate with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families and communities.
- An ability to acquire new skills and knowledge relevant to the work environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with Aboriginal and or/ Torres Strait Islander individuals, families, communities and network with other services and health professionals.
- Comprising salary between $61,464.00 - $64,613.00 p.a
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%)
- Salary packaging option to increase your take home pay
- Work / Life balance, variety and flexibility
- Great support team
- Certificate III in Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care.
- Under s25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to beIndigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
- It is a mandatory condition of employment in this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough) hepatitis B, COVID-19.
About Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Services visit TCHHS website
How do I apply? Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website.
Do you need more information? Simply call the contact person listed on the role description.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agenciesThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.