Classification: ANU Officer 4 (Maintenance)
Salary package: $67,731 - $73,278 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: 2 x Full Time, Continuing
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Salary sacrifice on Motor Vehicles, work related equipment (tools of trade) and more
- Flexible working arrangements, 9 day fortnight
- Generous leave entitlements including parental leave and ex gratia days over Christmas close down
- Located on the University’s Acton Campus
- Join a company that values you, and can offer long term employment
- Apply your trade expertise to ensure the effective delivery of maintenance services to meet the requirements of the University
- Contribute to the University moving towards a preventative maintenance model through enhanced systems and processes
The Maintenance portfolio has responsibility for the delivery of all maintenance activities at the ANU. This encompasses the management and delivery of all statutory, preventative, corrective and reactive maintenance, asset management initiatives and capital renewal programmes.
The Mechanical Services Officer will report to the Mechanical Services Supervisor to execute statutory, preventative, corrective and reactive maintenance services and to work with other trade staff and contractors to deliver mechanical maintenance and minor works services to the ANU.
To be successful in this role, you will have a recognised trade certificate in mechanical and HVAC related trades, with experience in commercial and/or domestic heating and ventilation plant, building mechanical services and equipment and maintaining air conditioning plant including room air conditioning and large chiller plants. You must be able to demonstrate an appreciation, awareness and understanding of workplace health and safety standards and practices.
For further information please contact Jason Lord, Building Maintenance Manager, E: [email protected]
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender.
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A cover letter;
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form;
- Trade certificate/s;
- Other documents, if required.
- Vaccinations and health surveillance may be required for this role in accordance with WHS Act (2011) obligations.
- Tasks to be undertaken are of a physical and repetitive nature; a pre-employment functional capacity assessment may be required.
- This position may not be suitable for individuals with pre-existing musculoskeletal injuries.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results