Job descriptionJob no: 518821
Work type: Permanent Full Time, Permanent Part Time
Location: Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney
Division: Audit, Assurance & Risk Consulting
- Collaborate with other skilled consultants in our Risk Assurance team and grow our ability to lead and support Defence projects that KPMG delivers
- Work as a part of teams providing tangible outcomes on significant defence/government reforms and transformation projects, key to Australia’s national interest
- Grow and develop alongside a team of experienced management consultants
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Be a part of something that is supporting the implementation of strategic outcomes for the Australian Defence Forces
KPMG is a dynamic and trusted professional services firm operating in a continually changing and evolving environment. Our core business is helping our clients solve complex challenges. We achieve this through facilitating change, transformation and growth for our clients so they can exceed their organisational goals. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
How are you Extraordinary
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
You will have the chance to support our clients in Defence by implementing new tools and existing proven frameworks. Your passion for developing client solutions will be enhanced by the following highly desirable skills:
- Prior experience working on Defence and/or Government Projects
- Knowledge or experience of the Defence Capability Lifecycle
- Highly developed communication, writing, analytical and research skills
- A desire to collaborate in teams on short and long term projects
- Proven track record in contributing to and delivering projects successfully
- An interest in personal development and willingness to learn new techniques
- Strong stakeholder consultation skills and the ability to adapt, manage and work effectively with people from diverse skills and backgrounds.
Tertiary qualifications or experience in a Defence environment or other fields as relevant will help your transition to our team, though we will make sure you are assisted and mentored during your career journey with us.
You should also be an Australian Citizen or have the ability to obtain a government security clearance. We highly value applicants with a current AGSVA security clearance.
Our people are focused on creating an inclusive environment that embraces and values diversity. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess, and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBTQI+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to flexibility allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life.
Working at KPMG you will:
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements
- Make a real difference in your community through our social and environmental programs
- Grow, learn and develop as a professional consultant through our industry leading mentor program
- Gain valuable experience of working to solve the challenges faced by our Defence personnel
- Have a tangible outcome on projects that are directly aligned with our core values of Integrity, Excellence, Courage, Together for Better.
Why join our Risk Assurance team?
Working in Risk Assurance is a great way to contribute to our community. We work shoulder to shoulder with our clients to help them address their biggest challenges.
KPMG’s Risk Assurance service group sits within our firms Audit, Assurance and Risk Consulting division. The Risk Assurance suite of services includes Compliance & Conduct, Contract Assurance & Performance, Governance, Risk & Controls Advisory, Sustainability Services and KPMG Banarra.
Our Risk Assurance practices in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra are looking for exceptional candidates at the Senior Consultant and Manager level to join their teams, who are interested in working on Department of Defence and Defence industry projects with people from different areas within KPMG. The projects we undertake include:
- Developing Risk Based Assurance and Monitoring Frameworks
- Governance and Risk Consulting
- Contract Auditing
- Contract Performance Assessments
- Establishing Contract Management Frameworks
- Behavioural Controls Assessment
- Contract management governance
- Internal Audit
- Compliance and Conduct Assessments
- Value for money assessments.
You have the opportunity to work across a variety of projects, allowing you to develop as a consultant in varying fields and avoid the issues of becoming bored and stagnant. An overview of the different roles you could perform are:
- Providing support to the development of client deliverables
- Providing analysis and input into client deliverables
- Taking ownership of small to medium sized projects, with help from senior team members
- Assisting with communication and stakeholder engagement
- Developing relationships with clients
- Establishing and managing key project and program management documents and processes
- Developing and supporting project and program performance status reports.
- Leading the development of client deliverables
- Oversee the day-to-day delivery of client engagements
- Bringing together knowledge from teams across our firm
- Providing leadership to build the capacity of our delivery teams and integrating capabilities from across the firm, to ensure client engagements are delivered to the highest quality by implementing the right program and project management disciplines.
The KPMG Difference
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!
Advertised: 01 Jun 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 30 Nov 2022 AUS Eastern Daylight Time