Location: Melbourne, VIC, AU
Company: metrotrainMetro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive, and safety focused, and who are at the core of our success.
You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field, but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies, and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote a work/life balance, to allow team members to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal: providing a world-class railway service.
Why work at Metro Trains?
- Receive a free Myki Pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria!
- Relocation costs covered by us for successful interstate applicants.
- Excellent remuneration, with great career development opportunities.
- Work for an award-winning rail operator in the heart of metropolitan Melbourne.
Access a wide range of
corporate discounts, including gym offers.
The successful applicants will provide leadership to the Infrastructure fault response teams, along with providing technical guidance when required.
Position located at 595 Collins Street, Melbourne CBD.
Main duties include:
- Enter fault data to the maintenance management system and perform tasks to maintain the system. Use fault history to direct rectification actions.
- Keep stakeholders informed of the progress on faults causing impact on train operations. Record fault information covering equipment maintained by others, call in additional resources and authorising overtime when required.
- Monitor data and forecast perceived problem areas that can be targeted for special attention.
- Manage fault team support through to completion. Provide technical and administrative support/direction to fault crews and ensure the fault management is sensitive to stakeholder priorities and that the stakeholders are advised of progress.
- Monitor the impact on operations due to the fault and take action to mitigate impact by directing repair to ensure safe running of signalling system with minimal impact.
- Provide technical assistance to fault crews and liaise with and provide assistance to the department maintenance supervisors.
- Receive fault calls and seek all appropriate/ available information relating to location, nature of the fault and impact of fault on train Operations.
- Receive and pass on fault reports to other departments where appropriate.
- Manage signal faults, register and allocate a resource on a priority base, closing out when appropriate.
- Efficiently communicate clear and concisely with key stakeholders across the team, division and broader organisation ensuring that beneficial relationships are developed and maintained.
Required to work a 24hr 7day week rotating roster, which will include Early, Day, Afternoon and Night Shift, thus including weekends and Public Holidays.
- Possess a Diploma in Railway Signalling.
- Accredited as a S&C Officer.
- Completion of Supervisory Skills Course.
- Associate Diploma of Engineering (Electronics) or equivalent qualification.
- Sound experience of signal maintenance requirements and practices.
- Experience in Supervision of technical staff.
- Experience as a signalling maintainer.
Demonstrated ability to negotiate for key outcomes.
Click to submit your application by Friday 17th February @ 5pm.
Please note: screening and shortlisting for this role will commence prior to applications closing so if you are intent on applying, please do so at your earliest convenience.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position. . .