Job descriptionAn extraordinarily talented group of individuals work together every day to drive TNS' success, from both professional and personal perspectives. Come join the excellence! Overview Software Developer with thorough understanding of C / C++ and embedded systems to build best in class payment terminals.
As part of the development team you will work within the software development life cycle, complying with relevant standards and participating in knowledge sharing sessions. Any prior knowledge of the finance industry will be greatly appreciated, but a solid background in software development will also serve well to meet the tasks at hand. Responsibilities Working within the execute / delivery phase of TNS’ Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to develop software which meets or exceeds the company’s quality and performance standards including the preparation and maintenance of system documentation. You will function collaboratively as part of a professional technology team engaged in the structured and timely delivery of technology solutions. A Software Developer at TNS is expected to pursue self-improvement, innovation and the adoption of best practice to enhance the productivity and effectiveness of the team. As part of a vibrant and entrepreneurial working culture you will be assessed on your creativity and ability to contribute beyond the formal definition of your role. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with analysis, problem-solving, development and delivery of maintainable and efficient software solution elements across TNS’ business capabilities.
- Develop software which meets or exceeds TNS’ quality and performance standards.
- Function collaboratively as a member of a professional technology team engaged in the structured and timely delivery of technology solutions.
- Pursue self-improvement, innovation and the adoption of best practice to enhance the productivity and effectiveness of the team.
- Develop and execute test plans that thoroughly test applications and allow for quality implementation of applications.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of applications and systems.
- Communicate status, issues and risks with leaders in a timely manner.
- Deliver outcomes that fit within the design direction and architectural boundaries provided by the design team.
- Provide consistent and improving level of quality within the code base, working with the Quality Assurance team to allow an efficient, high quality test capability.
- Provide delivery outcomes that minimize impact on operations while maintaining third-level support, delivering increased stability to TNS’ enterprise applications.
- Proficient in the C development language.
- Good knowledge of design patterns.
- Can work independently and/or in a team.
- Demonstrated experience creating work item estimates.
- Ability to independently manage time, working towards and meeting agreed deadlines.
- Experience preparing and maintaining documentation of applications and systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding TCP/IP, Serial, GPRS communication protocols.
- Data communications security and privacy techniques (ie PCI, EMV).
- Low level computer programming languages.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of products such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with design documentation.
- Experience writing User Stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Experience working within a Scrum team and an understanding of Scrum roles.
Education and Certifications:
- Computer science degree or equivalent work experience within a professional software environment.
- Payment industry experience highly desired
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
KPMG Sydney NSW Today
LUXXE Outsourced Hotel Services Sydney NSW 2000 Today